Trail-worthy, meet drool-worthy. Perfect, now that introductions are out of the way, let's do our best to try and grasp the fact that the Epic EVO Pro manages to channel the Epic's standard-setting pedaling efficiency while delivering jaw-dropping on-trail capability and looks darn good doing it.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we've worked overtime to make sure it's been implemented in a way that'll have you saying "Whoa!" as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic's standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO's new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency. With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It's also more versatile than ever, thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO's handling characteristics.
- Dressed to impress, the Epic EVO Pro sports top-shelf Fox Factory suspension front and rear to keep things poised when the going gets rough, while the silky shifts and rock-solid performance of Shimano's 12-speed XTR group will never go out of style.
- 27 years of loving devotion and countless engineering hours from Shimano have certainly paid dividends for their legendary XTR groupset, breaking its own performance benchmarks time and time again in its wildly successful quest for the ultimate shifting experience.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 25-millimeter internal-width hookless rim, and maximize strength, ride quality, and durability while keeping weight to a minimum.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO's FACT 11m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to steepen the EVO's headtube angle by half a degree while raising the bottom bracket height by six millimeters.
- Pairing the FOX FLOAT Step-Cast 34 Factory's lightweight chassis with the Fit4 damper's impressive control and on-the-fly compression adjustment makes for a fork with impressive performance both climbing and descending, making it a perfect match for the Epic EVO.
- Stuck in your search for braking bliss? Don't worry, Shimano's XTR M9120 brakes will see you on your way to braking nirvana with their Servo-Wave roller-cam levers and superlative stopping power coming from four ceramic pistons per caliper.
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel|
|Fork||FOX FLOAT Step-Cast 34 Factory, Fit4 damper, Kashima Coating, 44mm offset, 120mm of travel|
|Rear Shock||FOX FLOAT DPS Factory, Rx XC Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, Kashima Coat, 3-position adjustment w/Open Mode Adjustment, 190x40mm|
Front: 110 x 15mm thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, Zero bead hook, Tubeless ready, 28h|
Front: DT Swiss 350, 6-bolt, 28h
Rear: DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, Shimano Microspline driver body, 28h
|Spokes||DT Swiss Competition Race|
Front: Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
Rear: Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
|Crankset||Shimano XTR 9100, Hollowtech 2, 162mm q-factor, SM: 170mm, M – XL: 175mm|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano, BB-MT800, Threaded|
|Chain||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed w/quick link|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, Shadow Plus|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, 10-51T|
|Shifters||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Brakes||Shimano XTR M9120, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power, Hollow Titanium rails, 143mm|
|Seat Post||Fox Factory Transfer, Kashima, 30.9mm, 125mm / 150mm travel|
|Accessories & Extras||SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Cast Umber/Clay / Small||888818649389||94820-1002|
|Gloss Cast Umber/Clay / Medium||888818649396||94820-1003|
|Gloss Cast Umber/Clay / Large||888818649402||94820-1004||24343|
|Gloss Cast Umber/Clay / X-Large||888818649419||94820-1005|